04 Jan The Top 5 Tech Trends of 2015
2015 will go down in history as an exceptionally innovative year! Narrowing the list of top tech trends down to 5 takes some doing, but here they are:
- Wearable Devices Smart watches like the Apple Watch and fitness bracelets like the Fitbit have made it easier than ever for consumers to take technology with them. Apple gave customers the ability to communicate and operate apps on a smartphone via the Watch. And the number of hours that consumers sleep, the number of steps they take, all of that and more can be recorded and analyzed by wearable tech.
- 3D Printing From hot tubs, plane components, toys and art to jewelry, glasses frames and entire houses, almost anything can be created at home with a 3D printer! 2015 was an era when people got creative (and sometimes silly) with this tech trend.
- Cloud Computing With cloud computing came the option to host data on online networks of remote servers instead of the personal computer or local servers that take up entire storage rooms of business buildings. When information is stored online, that means it is also available online from any location with the relevant devices.
- Virtual Reality Computer-generated simulations of three-dimensional pictures have gone beyond science fiction. Thanks to inventions such as the Oculus Rift and Microsoft’s HoloLens, the ability to interact with and manipulate these 3D images has come to the consumer’s home.
- Drones These mini-helicopters have evolved from toys to tools. As tools they have gone from being used solely by militaries to being utilized by big companies like Amazon and consumers at home. Although it was a big trend, it was not always a positive one with drones accidentally diverting flights!
Undoubtedly 2016 will bring both improvements on the 2015 innovations and brand new inventions. A year from now 2016 will make 2015 look like 1995!